We all have our priorities. We set goals and do what we need to do to achieve them. Sometimes, those goals are superficial and short-term while others are deep-rooted and long-term. How do we determine our priorities? Take a look at those core beliefs and values you have… Those are what will keep your ducks in a row and send you sky rocketing down the path to success. For some, in order to get to that finish line we need a daily reason to get out of bed; and what better reason than a delicious, freshly brewed, cup of coffee.
Now, some people simply drink this nectar of the gods to get that jolt for productivity. Others, like myself, depend on the beautiful fruit (yes, coffee is a FRUIT – the bean is harvested from a berry! BOOM you learned something today) to keep us in line. Sometimes that means sacrificing something to keep that caffeine flowing in your veins.
So how do you know when your priorities align around your need for a coffee fix? Simple, you probably have experienced any of the following:
- You have a special coffee budget.
- You have a collection of coffee mugs and travel terveses.
- Your default gift from friends and family is a coffee mug or Starbucks/Dunkin gift card.
- You are a “gold” member of at least one coffee chain or local shop.
- You have a goal in life to try all the local shops you come across.
- You will always choose to be late to work over skipping coffee.
- You get more excited over holiday drinks than is socially acceptable.
- You’ve been called basic, or referred to yourself as basic because of your coffee habit.
- You’re on first name basis with at least one barista.
- You’ve considered working in a coffee shop for free drinks.
- You’ve had friends or family recommend you get a job at a coffee shop for free drinks.
- You’ve had friends or family actually apply for you at a coffee shop for free drinks..
Maybe you’ve only experienced one or two of these things, maybe you have experienced them all; maybe you’ve even experienced MORE and are on a whole new level of coffee addict. Either way, you do whatever is necessary for your coffee love – hell, you may even be in a dedicated relationship with your coffee… Or maybe that’s just me?