RBF is the newest ailment sweeping the nation. People are walking around town, sitting at their desks or waiting in line at the movies with hideous scowls on their faces.
RBF, or Resting Bitch Face, has caused people at “rest” to appear mean instead of serene.
I’ve been trying to uncover the why’s behind this affliction and have decided on the following 5 things:
- People are stressed! And it’s written all over their faces. Literally. Relaxing has to become a priority. Do Yoga, get a message or engage in some other stress relieving activity.
- The art of being nice is becoming a thing of the past. Let’s face it, folks just aren’t as kind as they used to be back in the day. Remember asking your neighbor to borrow a cup of sugar? Many people don’t even know their neighbors anymore. They have to drive to the store for their own sugar with a disgusted expression on their grill.
- People are trying to obtain Super Woman/Man status. They have to be more and do more and save the world, too. Here’s the problem. Super Hero’s don’t smile. The work they do is hard and often thankless. Don’t strive to be them. Be yourself and fix your face.
- We are growing little super heroes who are in dance, theater, on the lacrosse team, on the debate team, student council, volunteer on the weekends, junior Olympian, next Tiger Woods, piano virtuoso, and YOU ARE THE DRIVER OR HAVE TO GO TO ALL OF IT. Your face hates you. Slow down and let them relax so you can, too!
- Is the work you’re doing everyday meaningful to you? Are you living your purpose? You don’t have to answer that because your face will. Chances are if you are exhibiting signs of BRF, you are doing what you have to do rather than what you want to do. Try to make that happen. Keep rising so your eyebrows will too. Otherwise they will stay furrowed in a twisted mess.
Are you ready to confront your own RBF? Just face it head on…pun intended. Let things go, relax more, find your passion and live it. You’ll feel the change on the inside and most definitely see it on the outside!